The eighth tallest peak in the world, Mt. Manaslu (8163m), overwhelms the skyline from all directions. Manaslu Trek is one of the most strenuous treks in the Himalayan region. With a proud and strong demeanor, its high majestic snowcapped peak completely hides the sky challenging its very existence. The Spirit Mountain dazzles in the sun captivating all hearts; a scenery that erases all worldly pleasures leaving only a satisfied, smiling YOU!
Despite the gruelling drill, the Mt. Manaslu trek is out and out gratifying to the soul. This powerful presence is one of the least visited alpine places in Nepal. The beautiful Budhi Gandaki river flows downwards in a gruesome might.
You will have day tour in Kathmandu before we start the trek and we use this day to prepare the trekking permits as well. Your real trek starts with a day drive from Kathmandu to Arughat and follows the version trail to the Larkya pass at (5420 m.).
After passing the pass, you continue trekking to the Annapurna trails for our return to Bhulbhule & then drive back to Kathmandu through a scenic highway. Furthermore, if you have longer days and want to continue trekking to the Annapurna circuit trail from Dharapani then you can join the Annapurna trail from Dharapani.
The teahouse lodges are beginning to take shape along the route on Manaslu trek, so small groups can do the trekking in this region in teahouse style. With larger groups, we offer camping and other additional facilities. However, if your are all about the wonders of the wilderness, you could always use the tea house lodges with bare minimum facilities.
With the Tibetan culture also on offer, this trip becomes a unique blend of culture and scenery. Pack your bags and trudge this virgin territory. Be there, and tell tales of adventure, struggle and satisfaction. Enjoy the Manaslu Trek.
- All the airport transfers.
- Guided sight tour in Kathmandu as per the above itinerary.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Transportation by bus Kathmandu-Arughat and Bhulbhule -Kathmandu.
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits and restricted area permit.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the trek.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide and porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance for the guide and porter.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag, down jackets and trekking map, if necessary (return after the trek).
- All government taxes, VAT and Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance (Compulsory).
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu.
- Your personal expense, entrance fees and sweet things like chocolate.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for the guide, porter & driver.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on including section.
1. Trekking equipment
The Following information will give you some idea about that you need o bring for the trek as the back pack and the gear play vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipments/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Four seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you do not have on your own and it is to be returned after the trek.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep your all the gear and this will be carried by the porters.
- Daypack for yourself
- A down Jacket
- Shade hat
- Warm wool hat to cover your ears
- A pair light weight warm gloves.
- T-shirts 2- 3 pieces
- Light weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- A pair’s nylon hiking shorts quick drying one
- Two pairs lightweight long underwear.
- Two pairs trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts
- Four pairs of liner warm socks
- A pair light to medium weight water proof hiking/trekking boots.
- A pair light trekking shoes for camp/lodges
- A pair sandal (Optional)
2. Medicines and First Aid Kits
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Immodium or Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- Diamox 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness.
- 1 small personal sized first-aid kit with blister treatments such as mole skin, band-aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.
3. Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun’s cream with SPF 40 is recommended
- Pocket knife.
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kit and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
- Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel (No meals):
- Day 02: Full day sightseeing of Kathmandu valley (B):
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar (B, L, D):
- Day 04: Trek from Arughat Bazaar to Soti Khola:
- Day 05: Trek from Soti Khola to Machha Khola (B, L, D):
- Day 06: Trek from Machha Khola to Jagat (B, L, D):
- Day 07: Trek from Jagat to Deng (B, L, D):
- Day 08: Trek Deng to Namrung (B, L, D):
- Day 09: Trek Namrung to Sama gaon (B, L, D):
- Day 10: Rest at Sama Gaon for Acclimatization (B, L, D):
- Day 11: Trek from Samagaon to Samdo (B, L, D):
- Day 12: Trek from Samdo to Larkya La Phedi (B, L, D):
- Day 13: Trek from Larkya La Phedi to Larkya La (Pass) to Bimthang (B, L, D):
- Day 14: Trek from Bimthang to Dharapani (B, L, D):
- Day 15: Trek from Dharapani to Jagat (B, L, D):
- Day 16: Trek from Jagat to Bhulbhule (B, L, D):
- Day 17: Drive from Bhulbhule to Kathmandu (B, L):
- Day 18: Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure home (B):