Lumbini…where Siddhartha paved his path to enlightenment, Buddhist nations from all across the globe have painted the empty marshland with stupas, monasteries and temples, people assemble for a peaceful meditation, a new international airport (under construction) aims to welcome more tourists, travelling is done on bicycles, contemplation is individual or in groups, and where history is an overwhelming sensation.
Lumbini proves Nepal is not just mountains, lakes and exquisite sceneries. Lumbini adds knowledge, history and meaning to the already picturesque Nepal.
Though a deserted marshland in the past, Lumbini has been renovated and has resurfaced as one of the most important cultural sites of historic importance after archeologists excavated remains and monuments from the past. There are an abundance of stupas and monasteries but the archeological remains of Gautam Buddha’s birth remains as the central feature.
Lumbini’s highlights include and are not limited to ancient ruins of Buddhist monasteries, a sacred Bo tree, a sacred bathing pool, where Maya Devi was believed to have taken a bath before giving birth to Gautam Buddha, Maya Devi temple, a sacred garden spread over 8 Sq km, Ashoka pillar to name a few. There is so much to do here – walk the very lands trudged by Gautam Buddha himself, experience Buddhist culture from the very place it originated, contemplate to find nirvana on the very sites Gautam Buddha enlightened himself and enjoy a spiritually satisfying experience.
- Two nights Hotel in Lumbini including breakfast.
- Transport from Kathmandu to Lumbini and return by private tourist vehicle.
- All the applicable entrance fees.
- Tour guide throughout the tour.
- Food (Lunch & Dinner) during the tour.
- Tips for the guide & driver.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on including section.
1. Tour Equipment
- Duffel or Rucksack bag or suitcase.
- Warm wool or synthetic hat that covers your ears (only if you are travelling in the cold season i.e January, February and December)
- Goggles or sunglasses for sunbeam dust and wind.
- A neck warmer is another piece of gear for extra warmth if you feel you will need it and is for cold season i.e January, February and December. (Optional)
- 1 pair warm gloves (This is required if your are travelling in cold season i.e January, February and December).
- T-shirts (2).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket (preferable if you are travelling in rainy season from June to September.)
- 1 pair cotton pants (loose jeans/khakis), 1 pair shorts.
- 2 pairs lightweight long underwear/thermals (if you are traveling in winter January, February and December).
- 2 pairs of liner socks, synthetic or capilene.
- 1 pair light camping shoes or sneakers..
- 1 pair sandals (Optional).
2. Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun’s cream with SPF 40 is recommended
- Pocket knife.
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kit and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
- Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Lumbini:
- Day 02: Full day sightseeing tour in Lumbini (B):
- Day 03: Lumbini to Kathmandu (B):