Langtang Valley Trek is a punch of ravishing and exciting walks; offering promising scenic views that leave you flabbergasted with an unsettling unease in your stomach. An unease that makes you weak in the belly and makes you crave for more. This excitement is tightly packed into short trails which adds to the excitement. It is always a good idea to spare a few days to wander this land rich in natural beauty.
The trail ascends the Langtang Valley from just 1470m at Syabrubesi to hit 3870m at Kyanjin Gompa, following the rushing Langtang Khola river past lush forests, bamboo groves, rhododendron, pine and juniper to reach mountain meadows surrounded by snowy peaks to a collection of high alpine pastures, glaciers and peaks on the border with Tibet.
Langtang Valley Trekking Highlights
Sightseeing tours of historical UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu.
Scenic drive to Syabrubensi and back to Kathmandu.
Visiting Langtang village and Kyanjing Gompa.
Visit of the local Cheese Factory in Kyanjing Gompa.
Very beautiful views of langtang region mountains from Kyanjing Ri.
- All the airport transfers by private tourist vehicle.
- Three night hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast.
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the trek.
- Your standard meals during the trek with hot tea/coffee in breakfast.
- All necessary paper works, Conservation entry permits and TIMS permit.
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu –-Syaprubeshi and from Dhunche – Kathmandu by local bus.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly guide and porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance for the guide and porters.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and trekking map, if necessary, (return after the trek).
- All government taxes, VAT and service charges.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance (compulsory).
- Meals (Lunch and Dinner) while you are in Kathmandu.
- Your personal expenses and entrance fees while you do the sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- All the alcoholic, non alcoholic drinks and dessert.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for the guide, porter & driver.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on including section.
1. Trekking equipment
The following information will give you some idea about that you need o bring for the trek as the back pack and the gear play vital role for the successful trip and we suggest you to have all the necessary gear for the trip and not to have unnecessary equipments/things that you will not be using for the trip and list of the gear you need for the trek are:
- Four seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you do not have on your own and it is to be returned after the trek.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep your all the gear and this will be carried by the porters.
- Daypack for yourself
- A down Jacket
- Shade hat
- Warm wool hat to cover your ears
- A pair light weight warm gloves.
- T-shirts 2- 3 pieces
- Light weight thermal tops.
- Fleece jacket.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- A pair’s nylon hiking shorts quick drying one
- Two pairs lightweight long underwear.
- Two pairs trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts
- Four pairs of liner warm socks
- A pair light to medium weight water proof hiking/trekking boots.
- A pair light trekking shoes for camp/lodges
- A pair sandal (Optional)
2. Medicines and First Aid Kits
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Immodium or Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- Diamox 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness.
- 1 small personal sized first-aid kit with blister treatments such as mole skin, band-aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.
3. Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies)
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun’s cream with SPF 40 is recommended
- Pocket knife.
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kit and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel (No meals):
Day 02: Full day of sightseeing of Kathmandu valley (B):
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi (B, L, D):
Day 04: Trek from Syabrubeshi to Lama Hotel (B, L, D):
Day 05: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village (B, L, D):
Day 06: Trek from Langtang Village to Kyangjin Gumpa (B, L, D):
Day 07: Rest day at Kyangjin Gompa and excursion around (B, L, D):
Day 08: Trek from Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (B, L, D):
Day 09: Trek from Lama Hotel to Syabru Goun (B, L, D):
Day 10: Trek form Syabru Goun to Dhunche (B, L, D):
Day 11: Drive from Dhunche to Kathmandu (B, L):
Day 12: Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure (B):