Lo and behold the formidable massif that has never been officially summited. Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a melting pot of pure adventure teasing you with challenging landscapes and the formidable aura of the tall peaks. Tell tales of your journey to this exquisite natural beauty.
Experience the unique Nepalese culture and their warm hospitality as you journey through fascinating local villages. Enjoy an enriching trek through the Annapurna region that makes a part of the Himalayas. Challenge yourself with terrains of terraced field, bamboo forest, alpine heights until you reach the base camp of Annapurna South. Visit the world heritages sites of Kathmandu- that includes the Kathmandu Durbar square, the Monkey temple, the Pashupatinath and the Bouddhanath. Explore Pokhara and its serene lakes. Take a scenic drive to Pokhara along the bank of the Rivers.
Annapurna Base Camp trek gravitates millions of mountain fanatics from all over the world. It is renowned for its unforgettable beauty and its indisputable vibe. The trekking begins at the lush lowlands and continues to a high elevated amphitheater at the foot of Annapurna. You will see thrilling views of Annapurna I, the first peak greater than 8000m to have been climbed. The trek lies in the Annapurna Conservation project area and is one of the most popular trails among many trekking trails in the Annapurna region. The trekking route passes through many villages of different ethnic communities having different culture and lifestyle with terraced fields to forests of rhododendron and bamboo with a wide range of floras & faunas and eventually the alpine heights. It provides non-stop natural diversity with lovely mountain views and landscapes. The sub-tropical forests come alive with an immense variety of bird life, waterfalls thunder down from steep cliff sides and monkeys chatter from the tree-tops.
Our Annapurna base camp trek starts with a day sightseeing tour of the Historical heritages sites in Kathmandu and a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara ( you have option of taking 30 minutes flight to Pokhara instead of the drive as well), the charming lakeside town with scenic views of the Himalaya and the lake. After staying overnight at Pokhara, you will take an hour and a half drive to Nayapul – where we commence our trek and continue trekking while staying overnight at Tikhedunga, Ghorepani, Tadapani, Chomrong, Dovan & Deurali . You will visit Poon Hill, that showcases breathtaking panoramas of the peaks. Once we explore the Base camp and the Annapurna Glacier, we return and stay overnight at Jhinu Dada where you can enjoy the Natural hot spring.
We have designed a 14day itinerary for the base camp trek and we frequently organize departure dates for this trek; please find a suitable date and confirm your spaces. However, if none of the dates are suitable to you – we organize private departure based on a date suitable to you as well. Also, these private departures are most suited to couples, families, charity and small groups of friends who like it cozy & natty.
Note- the above given dates is your arrival dates in Nepal and return date is 14th day of your arrival date so, book your international flight to Nepal and return flight accordingly or please do let us know if you have confusion on dates for flights then we will make clear and dates before you book the trek and the flight.
- All the Airport Transfers by private tourist vehicle.
- 3 nights’ Accommodation in Kathmandu in 2/3 star hotel including breakfast as per the above itinerary on twin sharing basis.
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks on twin sharing basis (on dormitory style in some places).
- All the meals on trek (10 days) daily breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea coffee in breakfast.
- All necessary paper works, Conservation entry permits, Entrance fees and TIMS permit.
- 2 night’s accommodation in Pokhara including breakfast on twin sharing basis: Ground transportation from Kathmandu –-Pokhara – Kathmandu by Tourist bus.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly English speaking Guide and porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porters.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag, down jackets, duffle bag, trekking map if necessary.
- All government taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- You will require 2 passport size photos- it cost you 25USD for the 15 Days tourist Visa to Nepal.
- Your Travel insurance (compulsory).
- Your personal expenses.
- International airfare.
- Tips for the guide, porter & driver. (Tipping is Expected But it is not mandatory).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on including section
Note – the international flight to Nepal and return are not included in our package however we are Australia based travel agency that offer most competitive flight fare to Nepal and world wide so, do contact us for the flight fare and booking.
- Day 1 Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters):You will be met & greeted by our airport representative who will be on standby to pick you up and transfer you to your hotel. Your evening is free and after you’ve refreshed, you can go for a stroll down the street to get familiar with your surroundings. Window shopping would be a good start to look around. Overnight at the hotel. ( A)
- Day 2 Full day sightseeing of Kathmandu valley & an orientation:After Breakfast, we take you on a sightseeing tour to Kathmandu Valley; you will be escorted by a professional guide. Your tour will include Kathmandu Durbar Square, Monkey Temple – Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath Temple and Baudhanath Stupa. The Pashupatinath is a significant place of visit because this is a heritage site & is the most important religious site for Hindus in Nepal & India. Within the boundaries of this temple are cremation zones where the bodies of Nepalese, right from the pauper on the streets to the king of Nepal are cremated. In the early evening, we get back to our hotel & refresh after which your senior trek leader will meet the group & orient you on the whole program related to your trip. You will even have sufficient time to buy some trekking gear if you need any in the Thamel area. Overnight at Hotel ( A, B)
- Day 3Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (200 Kilometers west of Kathmandu) – 6 Hours:
We drive along the scenic Trisuli and Marsyangdi River to reach Pokhara, it’s a pretty good drive as we travel along a beautiful river which is also good for rafting; we can also view the Ganesh Himal and the Manaslu peak during the drive. Pokhara is a tourist’s paradise full of natural as well as cultural heritage sites such as lakes, caves, & temples of Buddhist and Hindus along with her lovely mountains; after 6 hours of driving; we will arrive at Pokhara, the city of lake. Overnight at your Hotel ( A, B)
- Day 4Drive from Pokhara (915 m.) to Nayapul (1050m.) and Trek to Tikhedunga (1577m) – 4 Hours:
After having breakfast at the hotel, we start on our drive to Nayapul which takes approximately one and half hours. We then start the first part of our hiking out to Tikhedunga (1577M) via Birethanti (1065m.) this is a pretty easy flat out hike as we pass through several small lively villages and settlements. After some time, we will ascend gently to the final destination of the day. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- Day 5Trek to Ghorepani (2675m) – 6 Hours:
This day, we ascend steeply for the first 2 hours and then ascend gently passing through Ulleri (2070m.) and Banthanti. This path gives us breathtaking views of Machhapuchhare or Fish Tail (6997m.), Hiunchuli (6441m.), and the grand Annapurna (7219m) south on the way. Our trail now gets quite easy as we pass through rhododendron and shadowy forests amidst the cackling of birds, which is sure to rejuvenate you, till we ascend gently up to the final camp. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B. L, D)
- Day 6Hike to Poonhill (3210m.) and trek to Tadapani (2675m.) – 6 hours:
We hike to Poonhill (3210m.) to enjoy the sunrise views over Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m.), Tukuche Peak (6920m.), Nilgiri (6940m.), Varaha Shikhar (7847m.), Mt. Annapurna I (8091m.), Annapurna South (7219m.), Annapurna III (7855m.), Machhapuchhare (6993m.), Annapurna IV (7525m.), Annapurna II (7937m.), Lamjung Himal (6931m.) and other numerous snowcapped mountains in the morning; Poonhill has always been a symbol of beauty for the Annapurna region; next we hike down to Ghorepani, have a hot breakfast at our lodge and trek to Tadapani (2650m.). Most part of the trail we trek is through blooming rhododendron forests; the beautiful flower makes the jungle colorful in spring when they bloom. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- Day 7Trek from Tadapani (2675m) to Chomrong- 5 Hours:
We enjoy our hike by descending gently all the way through rhododendron, oak and other kinds of dense forests. We hear the chirping of different kinds of birds on the way to Kimrung Khola. We then ascend steeply and walk on a flat terrain for 45 minutes with gentle steep paths in-between to Chomrong, which is the gateway to Annapurna Base Camp. Chomrong is a village that is situated at the base of the Himalchuli. Overnight at Guesthouse. ( A, B, L, D)
- Day 8Trek from Chhomrong to Himalaya – 7 Hours: We start our trek after taking a hot breakfast at the lodge; the trail descends on a stone stairway for the first one and half hour and crosses the Chhomrong Khola on a suspension bridge, then climbs out of the side valley. High above the Modi Khola on its west bank, the trail passes through forests of bamboo, rhododendron and oak. Climbing further on a rocky path we will reach Sinuwa, at 2350m & then we trek gently through the forest and descend a long, steep stone staircase into deep bamboo and rhododendron forests to reach Bamboo and walk on gently towards Dovan and Himalaya, ( A, B, L, D).
- Day 9Trek from Himalaya to Annapurna Base Camp (4170m) via Machhapuchare Base Camp (3820m) – 6 Hours: We start our trek after having breakfast at lodge, the valley widens and becomes less steep and you can see the gates to the sanctuary from here. As the trail continues into the sanctum, it crosses two avalanche tracks on a narrow trail that hurdles up against the cliffs. After a short trek we will be at Bagar (3310m.), a green meadow with some abandoned hotels. The normal trail follows the left side of the valley. Now the trail appears gently ascending until Machhapuchare Base Camp (3820m.) Which is one place where we enjoy some of the best landscapes in the venture; we will enjoy the view of Mount Hiunchuli (6441m.), Annapurna South (7229m.), Annapurna I (8091m.), Annapurna III (7555m.), Gangapurna (7454m.) and Machhapuchhare or Fish Tail (6997m.). The path follows through alpine meadows and after some distance our trails go gently up. After a short trek, we begin to approach Annapurna Base Camp at (4170m.), congratulation that you now have reached the Annapurna Base Camp, the destination of our holiday, overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D).
- Day 10Trekking from Annapurna Base Camp to Dovan (2630m.):
It takes about five hours. It’s much easier as we go down. You should have no problem reaching Sinuwa from Annapurna Base Camp in a single day however; we have chosen this route as some trekkers may have problem while descending because of shaky or wobbling legs that could be fatigued. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- Day 11Trekking from Dovan to Jhinudanda (1750m) – 6 Hours:
The path is a descend up to a Bamboo passing through forests with varieties of rhododendron, oaks and bamboo plants. After Bamboo, the trail goes steeply up an hour and the trail is quite flat until Sinuwa. We trek gradually descending to the Chhumrong Khola and we have to follow a stone staircase for almost an hour to reach Chhumrong. The last part of the trail is steep down to Jhinudanda. We into our rooms at the guest house then we could go to the Hot Springs to take a refreshing bath in the warm salt waters. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- Day 12Trek from Jhinudanda to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara- 6 Hours:
We travel downwards to reach the flat lands of Birethati; we will stop at Birethati; then we walk about 30 minutes to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara; Overnight at hotel. ( A, B, L)
- Day13: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (6 Hours):
We hop into our tourist bus at 7 AM after b/fast to drive to Kathmandu and the driving will be a fantastic experience as we drive past many satellite towns on the way and we are able to see rural settlements, gushing rivers, terraces and green rural landscapes; after 6 hours driving we will arrive at Kathmandu and stay overnight at your hotel. Your trip concludes on this day. ( A, B) Note: If you are interested in other activities in Nepal such as a Chitwan Jungle Safari, Seti River Rafting, a Lumbini visit, Paragliding, a thrilling Everest Mountain Flight and an Ultra light Flight, then you can start now…we are on vacation & this only happens once probably in a lifetime…enjoy it today because tomorrow never comes. The mountains of Nepal always beckon…
- Day14: Transfer to airport for your departure:
You will be transferred to the international airport for your final departure to your home. Everest View Travels has taken pleasure in serving you all of these weeks; Meeting you was an immense pleasure & we do hope you will remember us down the years with memories of the time you’ve spent in this amazing country. A safe jounrey home…take care!!! ( B)