A new e-visa service is now available for eligible nationalities arriving in Thailand.
Thailand E-VOA facility is available for Nationals of the following 21 countries:
- Kingdom of Bhutan
- Peoples Republic of China
- Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- The Republic of Fiji Island
- Republic of India
- Papua New Guinea
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
With a view to promote tourism, this E-VOA is easy to apply to. One can apply for this service in three simple steps, fill in a form and upload required documents, pay the fee and download the pre-approved E-VOA.
Customers are advised to follow the following steps as soon as they arrive at the airport:
- Go to the Visa on Arrival area in the immigration area and enter the dedicated E-VOA lane
- Present your passport to the officer
- Get the final immigration approval and enter Thailand
The fee payment is the last step of your application process after submitting your details and the other mandatory documents. The E-VOA fees to be paid for Visitor Visa would be (non – refundable online processing fee, inclusive of all charges) as follows:
- Regular Visa fee: 0 THB*
- Regular Service fee: 600 THB
- Express-Visa Service: You can also apply for an express service, to get your E-VOA decision within 24 hours.
- Express Visa fee: 0 THB*
- Express Service fee: 2500 THB
* Ministry of Interior of the Kingdom of Thailand has temporarily exempted the Visa on Arrival (VOA) fee starting from 14th January 2019 to 30th April 2019
If you are applying for the E-VOA, you have to upload the following documents:
- Passport cover page
- Passport bio page
- Departure and Return Airline tickets
- Confirmed booking of stay – Hotel stay
- Photograph size 4×6 cm.
The processing time of the E-VOA is usually between 24 – 72 hours. However, if you have opted for express visa service, the E-VOA will be processed within 24 hours.
(Source: Thai Airways)