- Sydney: +61-0283870565
- Perth: +61-0452528095
Mount Kailash Manasarovar Tour13 Days
One of the holiest mountains in the world, Kailash holds significant position in four major religions including Hinduism, Tibetan Buddhism, Bon Po and Jain. Due to being of utmost religious value, there has been no attempt to climb Kailash. Kailash is located in isolated southwestern Tibet near to Manasarovar Lake which holds the highest fresh water in the world.
Mount Kailash Manasarovar Tour from Nepal is a rewarding journey that progresses through the culturally rich Tibetan cities of Zhangmu, Saga and Paryang. Do not miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to circumambulate Kailash and cleanse your sin. This is not just an outward exploration as it provides an equal opportunity of discovery of your true self.
Kailash Manasarovar Yatra is difficult and there exists chances of High Altitude Sickness. You can trust our representative to always be there at the time of your need and they will teach you how to prepare yourself against High Altitude Sickness. Follow the instructions on best trekking and food habits that are given by the tour leader and get the most out of Kailash Tour.
Everest View Travel & Tours conduct Kailash Manasarovar Tour itinerary as a 13-days package. Tour initiates from Kathmandu. Crossing Nepal- China border through a friendship bridge located near Kodari, we will reach Nyalam via Zhangmu. Tour continues along Milarepa Cave to Thongla Pass. Crossing the Pass, we will arrive at Dongba from where we need to cross Mayumla Pass to reach Mansarovar Lake via Paryang. Hindus believe Manasarovar to be created by Lord Brahma (the Creator God) himself. Kailash Parikrama or circumambulation begins from Darchen. Circumambulating route stretches from Diraphuk to Zuthulphuk. From Zuthulphuk, we will return to Dongba and head to Zhangmu from where we will re-enter Nepal.
Accommodation in Kathmandu
Kathmandu – Kodari – Kathmandu transportation
Tibet Visa Fee
Accommodation at Guest House in Tibet
Full board meals during tour
Transportation in Tibet
English speaking guide
Travel and trekking permit as per Itinerary
Airport pick up and drop off
All applicable taxes and service charges.
Rescue and evacuation service
Nepal re-entry Visa fee
Horse riding during the Parikrama
- Day 1 Kathmandu Arrival Complete the visa and custom formalities in Tribhuvan International Airport. You will be picked up from the airport and transferred to the luxurious hotel. Get briefing regarding the tour package. You will be taken for Pashupatinath Darshan if time permits.
- Day 2 Kathmandu Sightseeing and Drive to Kodari: Participate in half day Kathmandu tour and explore UNESCO cultural sites in Kathmandu including Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath and Bouddhanath. Leave Kathmandu in the afternoon and follow Araniko Highway for about 4hrs to reach Kodari. Stay overnight in Kodari.
- Day 3 Drive from Kodari to Nyalam Little far from Kodari lies Nepal- China border. Cross the Nepal- China border via Friendship Bridge. Our representative will be waiting there with a 4WD land cruiser. Drive for 30 minutes to reach Zhangmu. Complete the China immigration and custom formalities in Zhangmu and take another hour of drive from Zhangmu to Nyalam. Stay overnight in Nyalam.
- Day 4 Rest Day in Nyalam: Nyalam is located at 3750m. Rest will be taken on this day for proper acclimatization. We can explore the Nyalam town. There is no particular schedule for this day.
- Day 5 Drive to Dongba: Leaving Nyalam, we will drive for 10 km to reach Milarepa Cave. This cave exists 400m downhill from highway. We will cross the high pass of Thong La (5200 m) which offers scenic views of Shishpangma (8013 m) and Dorje Lakpa Mountains. We will leave the highway that continues to Lhasa and follow the path that stretches to the west. We need to complete permit formalities at check post before we can drive to Peiku Tso. Driving along beautiful Peiku Tso Lake, we will reach Saga from where we will head to Dongba. Stay overnight in Dongba.
- Day 6 Drive from Dongba to Mansarovar Lake After crossing the Mayumla Pass (4900m), we need to show permits to officials. Then, we can move to Paryang town. Moving further, we will arrive at Manasarovar Lake from where we can get the first view of Mount Kailash. Completing the permit formalities, we will drive to the camp at Chiu Gompa. Enjoy the Manasarovar lake parikrama and stay overnight in a camp.
- Day 7 Drive to Darchen Take ritual bath and worship in Manasarovar Lake. Appropriate arrrangements will be made for your worship, puja and havan. We will then take lunch before driving to Darchen. We can enjoy view of Rakshas Tal (Demon’s Lake) that is located in the other end of Mansarovar Lake. Darchen is also known as the base camp of Kailash Mountain. Kailash Parikrama or circumambulation initiates from Darchen. Stay overnight in Darchen.
- Day 8 First Day of Outer Kora Parikrama – Trek to Dirapuk Kailash Parikrama initiates from Darchen. We will reach Tarboche / Serson and enter through Yama Dwar from where we can get close-up view of Kailash. Horses are available for those who do not want to walk. Yaks will carry your equipment. We will follow the Glacier River to Diraphuk campwhich we will reach in about 5hrs of trek. We can get close-up view of north face of Kailash Mountain from Diraphuk. Stay overnight in Diraphuk.
- Day 9 Second Day of Outer Kora –to Zuthulphuk via Dolma La Pass This is the most difficult day. We need to move through the steep and narrow path upward to Dolma La Pass (5600m). We will visit Shivasthal and ascend further for 4hrs before pursuing the descending trail to Gaurikunda. Walking through the rocky valley, we will reach Zuthulphuk for overnight stay.
- Day 10 End of Outer Parikrama- Drive to Dongba Kailash Parikrama ends on this day. It takes about 2-3 hours of trek to reach Darchen from Zuthulphuk. We will drive from Darchen to Dongba and enroute complete the Manasarovar parikrama.
- Day 11 Drive back to Nyalam We will return from Dongba to Nyalam where we will spend our last day in Tibet. Stay overnight in a hotel in Nyalam.
- Day 12 Drive to Kathmandu From Nyalam, we will cover 32km of distance to reach Zhangmu. It takes about 2hrs to reach Tibet- Nepal Border from Zhangmu. After fulfilling the custom formality, we will cross the Friendship Bridge and re-enter Nepal from where we will drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 13 Departure Sadly, Kailash Kora tour has ended. So, you will be transferred back to Tribhuvan International Airport on this day about 3hrs before your scheduled flight.