- Sydney: +61-0283870565
- Perth: +61-0452528095
Kathmandu To Sikkim Tour
Sikkim is a landlocked Indian state located on the lap of Kangchenjunga ( world third highest peak ) Mountain. The beautiful state is surrounded by East in Nepal, North in People’s Republic of China, West in Bhutan and South in Darjeeling ( West Bengal ). Sikkim occupies an area of 7,096 square kilometer. Sikkim is the second smallest state after Goa in India. There is the majority of three main ethnic group in Sikkim these are Bhutias, Lepchas and Nepali origin people. Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim, which is the largest largest city as well.
The beautiful landscape, spectacular view of mountains, biodiversity has made the Sikkim as one of the major tourism destination in overall India. The economy of Sikkim is depended on tourism and agriculture. Due to the cultural diversity, Sikkim is rich in culture and tradition. And of course culture and tradition is dominant by Hinduism and Buddhism ( Vajrayana ). People of Sikkim speak 11 official languages which are; Nepali, Newari, Tamu, Rai, Limbu, Tamang, Lepcha, Magar, Sunuwar, Sikkimese and English. For official purposes English language is in practiced.
Sikkim has specific geographical features. within a small state there are 150 beautiful lakes which are vary according to the altitudes from the sea level and of courses it ranges from 200 m to 8000 m. Because of complex and different geographical features, there is diversity in flora and fauna as well. Each and every ethnic group residing within the territory of Sikkim has their own sort of cultural value and norms. And they are preserving the precious culture and tradition over the long period of time. The most of the ethnic group residing in Sikkim are similar to the ethnic group of Nepal. So one can find the similarity between the group of people of two different country. The ceremony and cultural practice is still lively and same as before. Some ethnic group of Sikkim still worshipping the nature. This kind of trend can still be found in Sikkim.
After gaining the popularity as a major tourism destination, Sikkim is standing at the frontier of hospitality industry in its own unique way.
Tour to Sikkim can be made from different locations. Here we are making your holiday and travel & tour plan from Kathmandu to Sikkim.
- Day 1 Arriving in Kathmandu ( 1300 m ). Choose your hotel in Kathmandu. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
- Day 2 Kathmandu valley ( 1300 m ) sightseeing and prepare to start your tour to Sikkim. Visit the ancient city Kathmandu. Within Kathmandu you can have chance to see the world heritage sites like Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Baudhanath. At the evening you can stroll at the tourism hotspot Thamel. You can shopping different goods, handicraft, and important things at Thamel. Stay overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 3 Transfer to Airport. Kathmandu to Bhadrapur ( 91m / 299 ft ) flight. After immigration at Bhadrapur airport. Take a drive to Kalimpong. You can finish your lunch at Kakarvitta ( 1250m, 126 km ). It takes almost 6 hrs drive to reach Kakarvitta. Stay overnight Kalimpong.
- Day 4 Morning: Thongsa Monastery, Durpin Dara Monastery and shopping at local market. Afternoon: Heading to Pemayangset ( 1600 m ) after lunch. It is 95 km to reach Pemayangset and 4 hours long drive. Stay overnight at Pemayangset.
- Day 5 Don’t forget to visit Pemayangset Monastery after breakfast. Then set off to Gangtok ( 1600 m, 117 km, 5 hrs of drive ). Your lunch will be at Rabongla. Stay overnight at Hotel in Gangtok.
- Day 6 Exploration of Gangtok. full day sightseeing, visit monastery, handicraft center and local market. come back to hotel and stay overnight.
- Day 7 Drive to Darjeeling ( 2065 m ). It is 116 km from Gangtok to Darjeeling and it takes 5 hrs drive. Overnight at hotel in Darjeeling after visiting some place in the evening. The places of Interest in Darjeeling as as follows: - Observatory Hill - Yiga Choling Monastery - Himalayan Mountaineering Institute.
- Day 8 In the early morning head to Tiger Hill ( 12 km/1hr ) to view sunrise over the Himalayas. In the afternoon head to Ghoom monastery riding 1 hr long toy train. Go back to your hotel room and stay overnight.
- Day 9 Departure transfer to Bhadrapur airport and take flight back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel. Your evening plan to make a dinner at restaurant and see cultural dance. Stay overnight in Kathmandu.
- Day 10 You are free until departure to Kathmandu Airport for upcoming flight.