- Sydney: +61-0283870565
- Perth: +61-0452528095
Jomsom Muktinath Trekking15 Days
Enjoy with our mesmerizing trekking campaign, Jomson Muktinath trekking. The trek will take you to the maximum altitude of 3800m and you can easily reach to this level without much hustle and bustle. You will simply enjoy marvelous natural phenomena of this Mustang region. We will take you along the line of deep Kali Gandagi river George, the deepest George in the world. Along with that you will be bewitched by the enticing beauty of the splendid peaks of Annapurna I and Dhaulagiri both consist of height more than 8000m. on the way will get ample opportunity to view the most splendid barren landscape up and down hill, beautiful caves, traditional Nepali houses made of stone, people attired in the typical Nepali style. You will simply be in the heaven as soo you will find yourself on the lap of the beautiful mountain peaks ascending up to the highest landscape from the lowest landscape of the deep Kali Gangai River George.
The starting point of departure will be in Annapurna region from where we will take you to ascend through the beautiful landscape sprawl with green lush vegetation. Green rice terraces, traditional villages full of indigenous people are the other beautiful images to look at. The trek will go through the area of Tatopi where you ca enjoy the hot spring. We will lead you to the entry point of the upper Mustang region, which is Kagbeni. On this location you will not let your eyes off the beautiful glimpses of Dhaulagiri glacier along the line of the great Tibetan plateau. As soon as you reach to the temple you will further tke deep breath looking t the eve flowing 108 water taps. The mysterious natural gas that comes from the deep earth resembles the ever presence of the great Hindu deity Sati, the wife of the great lord Shiva. Going downhill to Jomsom village you can look at the way to the forbidden kingdom of Mustang. You can peep into minutely the traditional way of the people reflecting the age old cultural milieu. You can stroll around the temple looking all the way from the east to the west stretching snow capped mountain peaks. The next day we will take you to Pokhara from Jomsom by plane that will require only about 30 minutes time. You can enjoy in Pokhara with your loved ones. The following day you will enjoy the journey back to Kathmandu.
- All the Airport Transfers.
- Three nights’ Accommodation in Kathmandu in 2/3 star hotel including breakfast as per the above itinerary on twin sharing basis.
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks on twin sharing basis.
- Your standard meals during the trek with hot tea/coffee in breakfast.
- All necessary paper works, Conservation entry permits, TIMS permit and monument entrance fees.
- Three night’s accommodation in Pokhara including breakfast on twin sharing basis:
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu –-Pokhara – Kathmandu by Tourist bus and Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara with airport Tax.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide and porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag, down jackets if necessary (return after the trek).
- All government taxes, VAT and service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos, Nepal visa info.
- Your Travel insurance (compulsory).
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for the guide, porter & driver. (Tipping is Expected But it is not mandatory).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on including section.
Note- we have not included international flight to Nepal and return on our package however we deal with the international flight as we have Australia based Travel company and offer best fare for the flight to Nepal and return so, do let us know when you would like to do the trek then we will offer you the trek with the international flight.
Departure for the Jomsom-Muktinath Trek: we offer departure for the Jomsom Muktinath Trek every day so, do let us know your best suitable dates for the trek then we will arrange the trek as per your need.
- 1 Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters). Overnight at Hotel.You will just find it wonderful flying into Kathmandu on a day that’s crystal clear. The views of snow-capped mountain peaks sprawling down below you are almost ecstatic, beginning a whole connection of memorable experiences that stay with you for a real long time. An escort and driver from our office will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel. The representative will help you check into your reserved hotel. At the hotel, you will be oriented about your daily activities. It’s your first overnight in the city of temples, the most in the world. ( A)
- 2 Full day of sightseeing of Kathmandu valley. Overnight at Hotel.After b/fast, we proceed for an historical tour. Kathmandu is the historical heart of Nepal and has been a popular destination for tourists ever since Nepal opened its borders to outsiders. The city presents a wonderful combination of Hinduism, Tibetan Buddhism and Western influence in the Valley. Patan and Bhaktapur, its two major neighboring cities bear immense historical, cultural and religious significances. you will be given a fullday guided tour to the famous and biggest Hindu shrine of Pashupatinath, the largest Buddhist stupa in Nepal Boudhanath, the 15th century Palace of 55 windows and Swoyambhunath. You will be accompanied with a professional licensed guide. Overnight at Hotel ( A, B)
- 3 Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (200 Kilometers west of Kathmandu) - 6 Hours:- We drive along the Trisuli and Marshyangdi River to reach Pokhara; this is a real scenic drive where we will get to see the beautiful river as we drive by its banks & view Ganesh Himal and Mt. Manaslu right from the comfortable seats of your bus. Pokhara is a virtual tourists’ paradise. This city is full of natural as well as cultural heritage sites that include: lakes, caves, temples of Buddhist and Hindus, all in the backdrops of the beautiful mountains that include the lovely fishtail peak. After 6 hours of driving; we will arrive in Pokhara, this wonderful ‘City of Lakes’, which amazes you at every corner of your tour. Overnight at Hotel. ( A, B)
- 4 Drive from Pokhara (915m.) to Nayapul (1050m.) and Trek to Tikhedunga (1577m) - 4 Hours:- After having breakfast at the hotel we start our driving to Nayapul which takes approximately one and half hours. Then we start out to Tikhedhunga (1577M) Via Birethanti (1065m.) it is a pleasant cool trek as we pass through several small villages and settlements. Afterwards we will ascend gently to the final destination of the day. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- 5 Trek to Pool Hill and walk to Tatopni: 6 hrs One hour walk takes us to Poon Hill a place that bears a beautiful scenario of the Trek to Ghorepani (2675m) - 6 Hours:- Today, we ascend steeply for the first 2 hours and then ascend gently passing through Ulleri (2070m.) and Banthanti. We get great views of Machhapuchhare or Fish Tail (6997m.), Hiunchuli (6441m.), and Annapurna (7219m) south on the way. Now, our hiking path is quite easy passing through mossy rhododendron forests and shadowy trees as we ascend gently up to the final camp for our overnight. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- 6 Way to Ghasa: 5 hrs Hike to Poon Hill (3180m.) and trek to Tatopani (1189m) - 7 Hours:- Today, we hike to Poon Hill (3232m.) to enjoy the sunrise views over Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m.), Tukuche Peak (6920m.), Nilgiri (6940m.), Varaha Shikhar (7847m.), Mt. Annapurna I (8091m.), Annapurna South (7219m.), Annapurna III (7855m.), Machhapuchhare (6993m.), Annapurna IV (7525m.), Annapurna II (7937m.), Lamjung Himal (6931m.) and other numerous snowcapped mountains. This is a classic experience to enjoy. We then hike down to Ghorepani, have a hot breakfast at our Lodge & then trek to Tatopani through rhododendron forest, fine vistas open up as we approach Chitre, with the Dhaulagiri Range straight ahead. The path then leads through terraced fields to Sikha, a Magar village clustered on a ridge. We continue to descend, gradually at first and then more steeply to cross the Ghar Khola. After a short climb, we then cross the Kali Gandaki on a large suspension bridge and from here it is only a short distance upstream to Tatopani. Tatopani takes its name from the hot springs near the river below the village where we will enjoy a Natural Hot Spring Bath that has healing properties. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- 7 Trek from Tatopani to Ghasa (2013m) - 5 Hours:- We now follow a route which ascends gently up the Kali Gandaki Gorge, the deepest gorge in the world, towards the village of Dana, which is surrounded by bright orange groves. From autumn to winter, baskets of these oranges are offered for sale to passing travelers. Just beyond the small hamlet of Rupse, a thundering waterfall cascades down beside the trail. From here, the trail enters the steepest and narrowest section of the gorge, but the layered stone path is well-constructed and wide. When the rock cliffs end, we descend to the river before making the short climb back up to Ghasa. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- 8 Trek from Ghasa to Marpha (2667m) - 6- 7 hours: -Today, the trek ascends crossing the wide valley of Kali Gandaki for about six to seven hours. Throughout the trek we will be enjoying the company of the sweet smelling Rhododendron trees and many ethnic villages with a sparse population of Gurungs, Thakalis and few Tibetans. On the way to Marpha we trek along the banks of Kali Gandaki through Apple orchards that bring a sweet scent to our nostrils, we could munch a few apples if it happens to be the fruit season. Marpha is a big village enriched with a Buddhist Monastery in between the village which has its own cultural importance. Overnight at Hotel ( A, B, L, D)
- 9 Trek from Marpha to Jomsom (2713m) to Kagbeni (2897m) - 5 Hours:- We continue to follow the wide valley of the Kali Gandaki towards Kagbeni; the landscape becomes increasingly arid and impressive with its mixture of browns, yellows and grey that dots the arid terrain, contrasting with the white snowcaps of Tilicho and Nilgiri. By afternoon, the stiff winds begin to blow & we’ve got to hold on to our hats & the light stuff we could be carrying, hastening our way to Kagbeni. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- 10 Trek from Kagbeni to Muktinath (3795m) - 5 Hours:- Today, the trail steeply ascends for couple of hundred Meters. While gradually walking we will enjoy beautiful deserted landscape, Caves, old Tibetan Style Villages, apple Gardens, Yak herds, Sheep herds and so on. We get to view Thorung La valley upfront straight up on our way to Muktinath. We will enjoy a delicious lunch at Jharkot while we take a breather and visit a nearby Monastery believed to be built in the 15 century. A further 10 minute hikes up the hill, we will be rewarded with the actual religious site of Muktinath & this area is kept free of hotels and camping sites. Muktinath is a pilgrimage center for Buddhists and Hindus. Hereabouts, we see Tibetan traders as well as sadhus from the far south of India meditating in reverence to the gods. There are shrines amidst a grove of trees including a Buddhists gompa & the Vishnu temple of Jwalamai. We also come across an old temple nearby which shelters a spring and natural gas jets that provide Muktinath's famous eternal flame. It's the earth-water-fire combination that accounts for Muktinath's great religious significance or so the myth goes. After this, we head towards Muktinath following a steep ascended path for half an hour. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- 11 Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom (2713m) - 5 Hours:- Today we continue down for nearly two hours and then walk through the flat path till we reach Jomsom. Between the walk lies Eklebhatti village where you find teahouses and lodges where we can stop for coffee and a breather. Overnight at Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D)
- 12 Early morning flight from Jomsom to Pokhara- 20 Minutes:- We will take an early flight to Pokhara, and check in to our hotel and refresh ourselves before we visit the most beautiful city Pokhara, we chill out & relax today and also we can do some boating on the serene fewa lake; this is probably one of the loveliest lakes in the world. Overnight at hotel ( A, B, L)
- 13 Leisure day in Pokhara: It's also spare day in case of bad weather in Pokhara and Jomsom and we could not fly on scheduled date and time which happen some times, or if the fights are on time then some tours and exiting activities like Paragliding and Ultra flight, you can shop and visit Pokhara little more as the Pokhara is beautiful city and you will truly enjoy it, (A, B)
- 14 Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (6 Hours): In the morning after b/fast, we hop a tourist bus at 7 AM to drive to Kathmandu and the driving will be truly enjoyable along with the many satellite towns we come across on the way and we are able to see vibrant colorful village settlements, rivers, terraces and landscapes, & after 6 hours driving we will arrive Kathmandu and Overnight at our hotel. ( A, B)
- 15 Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure:- Our office escorts & our vehicle will be on standby at your hotel to take you to the airport for your onward flight home. At we’d like you to know that meeting you was a wonderful experience. We hope this will be a trip that you will remember for some time to come.