- Sydney: +61-0283870565
- Perth: +61-0452528095
Ghorepani – Poon Hill -Ghandruk Trek10 Days
High lights of Ghorepani Trek:
- Trekking to Ghorepani-Poon Hill
- Splendid Sunrise views over the Himalayas from Poon Hill.
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara -Kathmandu.
- Visit of Beautiful city of Pokhara.
- Trekking through rhododendron and pine forest.
- Visit Typical Magar Villages of Ghorepani.
- Typical Gurung Villages of Ghandruk.
- Sightseeing tours of historical UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu.
Ghorepani Poon Hill trek is a short, easy and amazing eco-trekking trail Annapurna Region and the Ghorepani Trek is popular for having awesome mountain vistas of dozens of Himalayas, amazing sunrise and sunset views on the backdrop of lofty Himalayas, incredible landscapes, distinct culture, rituals and lifestyle and more, perfectly suiting for lovely holiday primarily for the beginners.
Ghorepani poon hill trek is also popularly known as Annapurna balcony trek, you will have experience of trekking, awesome up close view of Himalayas without even going to the higher elevation. It is the paradise for having breathtaking sceneries of mountains, specially of Mt. Annapurna I (8,091 m), Annapurna II (7,937 m) , Mt. Annapurna III (7,555 m), Mt. Annapurna IV (7,525 m), Mt. Annapurna south (7,219 m), Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), Mt. Manaslu (8,163 m), Mt. Nilgiri (7,041 m), Mt. Fishtail also called Machhapuchhare (6,998 m) , Mt. Hiunchuli (6,441 m), Mt. Lamjung Himal (6,986 m) and so forth. Besides amazing mountain vistas you will enjoy with incredible landscapes, and amazing natural wonders, dramatic panorama as you pass through the lovely greenery hills, forest filled with the rhododendron flower and pine, if you are lucky enough, you will encounter with rare animals and undoubtedly the chirping of birds alongside of the trail is undoubtedly create a lovely tranquil environment. You will pass through beautiful villages of various ethnic and caste groups namely—Gurung, Magar, Thakali and others, you will have an opportunity to explore the mix culture, distinct lifestyles, and rituals of them and if you wish to you can enjoy the local dishes and delicacies. You will have opportunity to explore typical Magar and Gurung villages especially at Ghandruk. These features are explicit enough why Ghorepani poon hill trek.
We have 10day itinerary for the Annapurna-Ghorepani-Poon Hill trek which includes your arrival and departure days to and from Nepal and a day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley, After sightseeing tour, you will have approximately 6-hours drive Kathmandu to Pokhara. From where, you will have about an-hour drive to Nayapul then your real trekking will start and will continue trekking to Tikhedhunga passing through famous settlement of Gurung and Magar, you will finally reach at Ghorepani and sojourn at lodge, from hotel itself you will have amazing sceneries of mountains. In the morning you will have a short hike to Poon Hill for having the splendid sunrise view above the Himalayas and have incredible scenes of mountains. After exploring all around, you will retrace down to Tadapani Ghandruk and you will get back to Pokhara, subsequently return back to Kathmandu.
- All the Airport Transfers.
- Three nights’ Accommodation in Kathmandu in 2/3 star hotel including breakfast on twin sharing basis.
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the trek on twin sharing basis
- Your standard meals during the trek with hot tea/coffee in breakfast.
- All necessary paper works, Conservation entry permits, TIMS permit and monument entrance fees.
- two night’s accommodation in Pokhara including breakfast on twin sharing basis:
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu –-Pokhara – Kathmandu by Tourist bus.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, Sherpa and porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide, sherpa and Porter.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag, down jackets if necessary.
- All government taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Lunch and Dinner while you are in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for the guide, porter & driver. (Tipping is Expected But it is not mandatory).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on including section.
Note: we have not included international flight to Nepal and return as we deal separately for the flights, as we are Australia based travel agency that offer cheap and most competitive flight fare to Nepal and world wide so, contact us for the flight fare and booking.
Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek Departure: we offer group departure for the Ghorepani Trek and the list of the dates are given below however we offer private departure every day if these dates are not suitable even if you are single person planning for the trek ( single people want to trek cost single supplement charge of 150.00 Aud) and we arrange private departure for single travelers, couples or group of friends or family members at most competitive price, please contact us for the best offer and booking.
Departure dates for the Year 2016:
- 6 & 22 October
- 6& 22 November
- 6& 22 December
- 6 & 22 January
- 6 & 22 February
- 6 & 22 March
- 6& 22 April
- 6 June
- 22 August
- 6 & 22 September
- 6 & 22 October
- 6& 22 November
- 6& 22 December
Note- these departure dates are your arrival dates in Nepal and the return date from Nepal will be the 10th day of your arrival day so, book your flight to Nepal and return accordingly or do contact us if you have any confusion on date as we will help you to book your flight right date or we offer you package with international flight included so, do let us know from which city , you want to fly to Nepal and return.
- Day 1 Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters): transfer to hotel: Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters): and you will be met & greeted by our airport representative who will be on standby to pick you up and transfer you to hotel. Your evening is free and after you’ve refreshed, you can go for a stroll down the street to get familiar with the surroundings. Window shopping would be a good start to look around. Your first overnight in the valley of temples & cows. Probably the most in the world; however, these unusual sights are sometimes welcome & interesting, overnight at hotel (A)
- Day 2 Full day sightseeing of Kathmandu valley & an orientation: After having breakfast at hotel, we take you for the sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley; you will be escorted by a professional tour guide, you will visit Kathmandu durbar squire, Monkey temple, Pasupatinath temple and bouddhanath stupa and return to hotel, will have some free time to shop your trekking equipment if you need and overnight at hotel, ( A, B).
- Day 3 Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (200 Kilometers west of Kathmandu) - 6 Hours: We drive along the scenic Trisuli and Marsyangdi River to reach Pokhara, it’s a pretty good drive as we go by the beautiful river which is also good for rafting; we view Ganesh Himal and the Manaslu peak as well during the driving. Pokhara is a tourist's paradise full of natural as well as cultural heritage sites such as lakes, caves, & temples of Buddhist and Hindus along with her lovely mountains; after 6 hours of driving; we will arrive in Pokhara, the city of lakes…Welcome to this beautiful town of serene lakes that gives so much meaning to your holidays. Overnight at your Hotel (A, B)
- Day 4 Drive from Pokhara (915 m.) to Nayapul (1050m.) and Trek to Tikhedunga( 1577m)- 4 Hours: After having breakfast at hotel we start our driving to Nayapul which takes approximately one and half hours. Then we start out to Tikhedhunga (1577M) Via Birethanti (1065m.) it is easy trekking passing through several small villages and settlements. Afterwards we will ascend gently to the final destination of the day, overnight at Lodge.( A, B, L, D)
- Day 5 Trek to Ghorepani( 2675m)- 6 Hours: Today, we ascend steeply for the first 2 hours and then ascend gently passing through Ulleri (2070m.) and Banthanti. We will see good view of Machhapuchhare or Fish Tail (6997m.), Hiunchuli (6441m.), and Annapurna (7219m) south on the way. Now, our trail is quite easier passing through rhododendron and shadowy trees and ascends gently up to the final camp, overnight at Lodge. .( A, B, L, D)
- Day 6 Hike to Poon Hill (3180m.) and trek to Tadapani (2675m.)- 6 hours: Today, we hike to Poon Hill (3232m.) to enjoy the sunrise view over Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m.), Tukuche Peak (6920m.), Nilgiri (6940m.), Varaha Shikhar (7847m.), Mt. Annapurna I (8091m.), Annapurna South (7219m.), Annapurna III (7855m.), Machhapuchhare (6993m.), Annapurna IV (7525m.), Annapurna II (7937m.), Lamjung Himal (6931m.) and other numerous snowcapped mountains in the morning then Hike down to Ghorepani, have a hot breakfast at Lodge and trek to Tadapani (2650 m.). Most part of the trail we trek through rhododendron forest, the beautiful flower makes the jungle colorful in spring when they bloom, overnight at Lodge. .( A, B, L, D)
- Day 7 Trek from Tadapani (2675m.) to Ghandruk (1950m.)- 3 Hours. Today, it is easy trekking by descending gently all the way through rhododendron, oak and other kinds of dense forests. We will hear different kinds of birds chirping on the way. This is one of the popular destinations for the birds' lovers. Ghandruk is a big Gurung village. There is a handicraft centre and Gurung museum. From this village we will see the views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna (7455m.), Annapurna III (7755m.) and Fishtail, overnight at Lodge. .( A, B, L, D)
- Day 8 Trek from Ghandruk to Nayapul (Pokhara) & Drive to Pokhara- 4 Hours: Today is our last day trekking of our trekking and it is very easy trek by descending gently half of the way through the rice field and local villages to Syauli bazaar and walks flat part until Nayapul then drive from Nayapul to Pokhara. It takes around one and half Overnight at Hotel. .( A, B, L)
- Day 9 Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (6 Hours): We hope our tourist bus at 7 AM after b/fast to drive to Kathmandu and the driving will be a fantastic experience as we drive past many satellite towns on the way and we are able to see rural settlements, gushing rivers, terraces and green rural landscapes; after 6 hours driving we will arrive Kathmandu and its overnight at your hotel, then we would offer you to have dinner with us for your last night stay in Nepal and talk about your recent trek, trip concludes on this day. ( A, B)
- Day 10 Transfer to the airport for your departure: You will be transferred to the international airport for your final departure to your loving home. Escape Nepal has taken pleasure in serving you all of these weeks; you counted on us & we didn’t let you down because we know how hard you’ve worked to enjoy this holiday. Meeting you was an immense pleasure & we do hope you will remember us down the years with memories of the time you’ve spent in this amazing country that’s Nepal. A safe BON VOYAGE home…take care!!! (B)