- Sydney: +61-0283870565
- Perth: +61-0452528095
Ghale Gaun Village Tour7 Days
Ghale Gaun Village Tour
The word Ghale is derived from the ethnic Gurung people ( famous Gorkhali people ) of Nepal. Gaun denotes village. Ghale Gaun is the place where the majority of Gurung ethnic group is residing conserving unique and rich Gurung culture over a long period of time. Ghale Gaun is playing an important role to introduce cultural tourism of Nepal around the globe. Ghale Gaun is one of the prime “Homestay Trekking in Nepal”. The beautiful village Ghale Gaun is still not disturbed by modern encroachment. That is way, the village is still fresh to learn gurung culture, tradition, fashion and ethnic hospitality. Traditional cultural practice is still the same as before.
In addition, the physical location of the village is another important aspect to attract the tourists around the world. The stunning village is situated at the height of 2020 m in the Lamjung District of Nepal. Ghale Gaun starts from Besisahar, which is only about 43 kilometer exactly north from Dumbre Bazaar, on the way to another famous destination Pokhara. The geographical challenges make the village possible for village trekking and short distance trekking route in Nepal. Ghale Gaun is a gateway to Annapurna Trekking Circuit from where one can enjoy the stunning landscape of the overall village and even can view the awesome Annapurna Mountain Range like Manaslu Himal, Buddha Himal ( 6974 ), Annapurna II (7939 ), Machhapuchhre ( 6693 ), Mt. Lamjung and Himalchuli (6747 ).
Tourists & Guests won’t regret spending time at Ghale Gaun. You can enjoy your time at Ghale Gaun with the friendly and brave Gurung people in the world. Despite having trekking upto Ghale Gaun village, you won’t feel so much fatigue because it is one of the short distance treks. During the course of entire trekking you will have experienced lots of things like the panoramic view of snow capped mountain, beautiful vegetation like colourful rhododendron flower, friendly & charming people, natural things like chirping of birds, niceties cataracts. Experience with their ancient cultural activities, food, evaluate costume or attire and feel their warm ethnic hospitality. The people of Ghale Gaun is always waiting for you to give absolute satisfaction. You will remind the overall scenario of Ghale Gaun in the rest of your life. Don’t leave anything, but only the footprints. Similarly, don’t take anything, but only photos, videos and memory.
Note: You can prolong your itinerary as per your requirement. You can multiply your days in Ghale Gaun, Khudi or in Kathmandu. The overall outline of the itinerary mentioned above is just a simple overview. So contact us for more details and information on the Ghale Gaun Itinerary.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu and check in hotel. You will be greeted at the airport and accommodated in hotel. After lunch, if you don’t feel tired, we can visit the famous palces like Thamel, King’s Way, Hanuman Dhoka. These adjoining places will help you to immerse in the environment of Nepal, without tiring you much. Dinner and night in hotel.
- Day 2 Drive To Besisahar Early Morning Pre-trip discussion, morning meal and Drive for Beshishar at 10 am. We will travel by private jeep or car on Prithvi Highway. On the way, you can enjoy the locality and topography encircling the Kathmandu Valley. Prithvi Highway follows the Trishuli passes by small villages and lodges till we reach Bandipur. From there we will take the Chame Highway. We will pass by Palungtar, Rupkot and finally reach Besisahar by the evening. Check in hotel for night stay in Besisahar.
- Day 3 To Ghalegaun; starting the journey (7 hours) After breakfast at 7 am, we head for trek to Galegaun. On the way we will have lunch. We will head climb to the ridge of Ghalegaun (2095 m) and arrive Ghalegaun. Welcome and accommodation in Ghalegaun.
- Day 4 Whole day in Ghalegaun We will stay in Ghalegaun exploring local village life, culture and natural surroundings. You will also get chance to interact with people, understand their way of living, food, rituals and languages. In the evening, you will be invited as guest to the local musical and dance celebration of local community.
- Day 5 Adventure trek to Ghanpokhara and Bhujung School: After early breakfast we will start trek to Ghanpokhara situated at 2157 m and about an hour hike. Then we will head to Bhujung School reach there after two hours. We will have lunch and enjoy the beauty of Medem River Valley and Waterfalls. In the evening we will return back to Ghalegaun.
- Day 6 Farewell from Ghalegaun, Hike to Khudi After the morning meal, we will bid farewell to the Ghalegaun. Then hike towards Khudi. We will travel enjoying the nature and local community and reach to Khudi. We will descend down passing by small villages and jungles till we reach Khudi. It will take about 6 hours to reach to Khudi. Stay in local hotel.
- Day 7 Back to Kathmandu. We will start our journey at 8 in the morning, driving from Khudi along the Prithvi Highway. We will pass by Duleguada, Suklagandaki, Jyamune, Byas and reaching the Bandipur pass. From there our route will be the same that we used while going to Besisahar. The total journey will take about 7 hours. We will reach Kathmandu late in the day. If you want, we will go for evening stroll in the Thamel and King’s Way. In the night, we will have farewell program and prepare for your departure next day.