- Sydney: +61-0283870565
- Perth: +61-0452528095
Everest Base Camp Trekking16 Days
Everest Base Camp is world-class trekking journey into the high Himalayas that takes you to the base camp of the highest peak on Earth, the nearest place where a trekker can reach without any technical climb. Everest base camp is a natural paradise of unparalleled Himalayan beauty that people can find nowhere in the world. The Base camp is used for Everest climbers on the way up to attempt the summit however the place now has become a dream land of thousands of people from the globe to be and see once in lifetime which had carried a long history for the view of spectacular legendary Khumbu Icefall and a thrilling feeling like nothing else in the Himalaya. Everest Base camp is a memorable location of past tragedy and glory. Since Sir Edmund Hilary and Tenzing Norgay made the first successful summit of Everest in 1953 A.D., the Everest base camp became the brand and dream adventure journey of thousands of people throughout the planet.
We begin our Journey to the base camp with an exciting historical city tour of the valley offering a glimpse of its World Heritage Sites and busy marketplaces. Then, we enjoy a short morning flight to the starting point of our trek, Lukla, a Sherpa village. Then our Journeys to the base camp follow a steep river valley to Namche Bazaar, the gateway of the Khumbu trekking. The settlement is located in a natural arena overlooking the valley with the amazing beauty of the surrounding mountains. We take a day of rest in Namche to get acclimatization to the altitude with the chance to explore the surrounding areas and villages of Kunde and Khumjung. Our trek to Base Camp continues with stopover for the night at the magnificent Tangboche monastery, with unforgettable views of the peaks there. Then out base camp trip route continues to the north through one of the original Sherpa settlements in this region, Dingbuche. After resting another extra day in Dingbuche for the acclimatization, we continue our trip and the landscape becomes more remote and desolate as we make our way closer and closer to the highest summit on earth. Finally, we are rewarded for our efforts as we achieve the ultimate goal to reach at Everest Base Camp, and the great feeling of satisfaction that accompanies our triumph. We enjoy this extraordinary atmosphere and follow it up with a hike to Kala Patthar viewpoint, before eventually begin a peaceful journey back to Namche Bazaar and a flight from Lukla. You will have time to explore more of Kathmandu mysteries and search for souvenirs and gifts before being escorted to the international airport for your return flight home.
We have designed 16day itinerary for the Everest Base Camp including your arrival and departure days from Nepal and please click on the itinerary TAB for the detail itinerary of the trek and We have fixed some dates for the departures from Kathmandu so, please looked at our dates and choose one of the most suitable date for you however if none of the dates are suitable for you then we departure your trek on any day that is suitable for you – so, contact us with your date and if the itinerary that we have prepared is not suitable for you then we tailor the tour to the base camp on tailor made way as well- we can design the tour itinerary to meet your special request and dates, contact us for the further planning your tour.
- All the Airport Transfers.
- 4 nights’ Accommodation in Kathmandu in 2/3 star hotel including breakfast as per the above itinerary on twin sharing basis.
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per the itinerary.
- Your standard meals during the trek with hot tea/coffee in breakfast.
- All necessary paper works, National park entry permits, TIMS permit and monument entrance fees.
- Flight fare (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) with domestic airport tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks on twin sharing basis.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide and porters (1 porter for each 2 trekkers and a porter will carry about 20 KG – 10 KG from each).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porters.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag, down jackets and duffle bag – if Necessary.
- All government taxes, VAT and service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos- the visa cost you 40USD for the 30 days tourist visa to Nepal.
- Your Travel insurance (compulsory) .
- Food (lunch and dinner) while you are in Kathmandu.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate bars.
- Hot Shower during the Trek.
- International airfare.
- Tips for the guide and staffs.
Note: We have not included flight fare from from Australia to Nepal and return on our Everest Base Camp Package , as we are Australia based travel company and specialized for flight to Nepal and return, please inquiry us at-(firstname.lastname@example.org) for the flight options and flight fare to Nepal and we offer flight to Nepal even if you are traveling from other parts of the world, no worries, as we offer flight world wide at best fare.
We offer small group adventure trek to Everest base camp and have fixed some dates for the trek so, look at the list of our dates and select one of the best suitable for you if you are looking for group join trek or do let us know if no dates is suitable for you then we departure you on any date that is suitable for you even for the single person ( if there is single person then single supplement of 250.00 AUD will be charged). or we departure every day for private trek if you are looking to trek yourself, with beloved one, or with your friends or family members, we offer special discount for the group of 4 or more people traveling together, so, contact us for the discounts and booking.
Departure dates for the Everest Base Camp Trek:
- 2 & 18 October
- 2 & 18 November
- 2 & 18 December
- 2 January
- 2 & 18 February
- 2 & 18 March
- 2 & 18 April
- 2 & 18 May
- 2 June
- 2 & 18 September
- 2 & 18 October
- 2 & 18 November
- 2 & 18 December
Note: the above given dates are your arrival dates in Nepal and the return date will be the 16th day of the arrival date and do contact us at email@example.com if you have any confusion about the dates before you book your trek and flight to Nepal then we will make you all clear.
Trekking Equipment Packing list for Everest Base Camp Trek: Packing the gear for the trekking in Nepal is very important, if you pack less then you will have problem on trek and if you pack more will make your weight unnecessarily heavy which will not let you enjoy while you are on trekking or hiking so, you need to pack your luggage very carefully that should not miss any necessary stuff and should not have those do not used for trek , you need to consider the weather situation, altitude of your trekking, season of trekking, number of trekking days, types of trekking etc before packing your gear for your trekking holiday and here we have given brief list of some stuff that you need for lodge/tea house based trek:
Luggage/Bag packs and day bag: You need to a Luggage or bag pack to keep your stuff while you are on trek and basically, we offer porter to carry main luggage while you are on trek however they should be confortable to carry and durable and we suggest you to have rain cover that is helpful to save your bag from rain ( if it rains) and you need to have day bag that is carried by yourself and you will those things you need to use for the day such as camera, money, passport, water bottle, sun cream etc…
Head Lamps: The Electricity is rare when you are in high and remote trekking in Nepal so, carrying a head lamp is necessary while you are on trek in Nepal.
Clothing: Comfort is very important while you are on trekking in Mountain and you need to have comfortable and warm clothing for the trek depending on number of the trekking days, trekking region, weather and climate situation, you just need to pack those you need and use on trek and we suggest you to have light weight plus quick dry clothing as it is better to wash and use those clothing especially while you go for longer trekking, you need Sunhat, Sunglasses, Warm hat, Lightweight warm gloves, T-shirts, Underwear, Long shorts, Trousers- (loose and comfortable), Fleece Jacket (or a windproof jacket), Waterproof pants; Down jacket etc for the trekking in Nepal.
Hiking/Trekking Shoes: The trekking is walking tour so, you need to have really good and comfortable shoes and it play vital role for the successes of your trekking in Nepal and you need to have a pair of flip-flops or camp shoes to wear at the camp or lodge after completing the day trek which should be comfortable .
Towel: A quick dry towel is necessary while you are on trek in Nepal as you may not find towel even in the lodge/guest house so, when you take shower or wash hands or face then you need towel and you can wash and try quick if you have quick drying towel and wet wipes are great to wash your hand and face when you cannot take bath or the water is too cold in the Himalayas.
Water Bottle and purification: you need to have thick plastic water bottle or metal water bottle while on trekking in Nepal where you can put hot water as well, we can buy bottled water in most of the tea house/lodge trek however we advise you to bring and re-fill water instead of using plastic bottle which is not eco friendly idea and we advise you to have water purification medicine as well , we Nepalese are used to drink the normal water however it is not for you so, having water purification is always safe while on trek in Nepal.
First Aid Kit: The first Aid kit is one of the most important things that you should not miss when you pack for the trek in Nepal and please make sure you have necessary medication according to the place of trekking and the number of trekking days.
Moisturizing creams/lip balm: Moisturizing creams/lip balm are necessary while you are on high mountain trek in Nepal as your lips and body skin will be dry cause of the mountain air so, these will be helpful to protect your skin from drying and cracking.
Snacks: Most of our Guided trek in Nepal is inclusive of meals while you are on trek however it is nice to have little snacks on stops such as chocolate bars, snicker bars, candy, biscuits etc…which will be helpful to gain extra energy for your trek as well.
Hand Sanitizer: we always suggest you to take extra care while you are on trek by carrying Hand Sanitizer and use it before you eat and which will be helpful to keep you healthy while on trek.
Toilet papers: It is important to have toilet paper while you are on remote trek since when you go higher and remote area then the toilet paper will become rate and more expensive so, we advise you to talk with our guide while you are on trek and take enough paper for the further trekking days.
Extra Batteries/Memory Cards: The Electricity is rare in trek so, we always advise you to have extra batteries for your camera cause we do not want you to miss taking the pictures of beautiful places and please have extra memory card for your camera as well cause the trekking places are so nice that you like to take too much pictures.
Extras/Luxuries: If you have you have Binoculars, Reading book, Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and scrabble etc, (For your free time).
Important Note: Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla: The Twin Otter Plane only the mode of transport to and from Lukla on this tour, Sometimes, flights to and from Lukla may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions as the weather in mountain is really unpredictable so, we have kept one extra day in the end of the tour on our tour itinerary to use in the case of flight delay or cancel to or from Lukla so, if the flights cancel for 2 or more days, we will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on scheduled flight to your home or other destination. The cost of this extra service is payable directly to our office in Kathmandu if you have to use this service in US cash, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) then we will give you receipt of the payment from which you can claim the amount from your insurance and The minimum cost will be US$500 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of people.
- Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu Airport and tranfer to hotel - overnight at hotel. Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters) and you will be met by our airport representative and transferred to hotel, Evening free and overnight at hotel in Kathmandu. (A).
- Day 2 Full day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley: After having Breakfast – we take you for the sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley including Kathmandu Durbar Square, Monkey Temple, Pashupatinath Temple and Baudhanath Stupa, transfer to hotel and overnight at hotel. (A, B).
- Day 3 Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2886m) and Trek to Phakding (2610m) - 3.5 hours: Early morning drive to Airport for the 35 minutes scenic flight to the small mountain airport Lukla, after reaching at lukla our guide will introduce with the porters, then start today’s trekking following mountainside on the left bank of the Dudh Koshi, it is easy trekking and takes about 3 and half hour to reach at Phakding , Overnight at lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 4 Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 m.) - 6 Hours: We continue our trekking following the Dudh Koshi River and crossing it many times and we enter to the park in Jorsale and we will stop there for lunch and again we continue the trekking, after few hours walking Namche Bazar will appears ahead as you travel along the path surrounded by pines. Pass the plateau where the Saturday bazaar is held and enter the village. Namche Bazar (3440m) is surrounded on three sides by mountain ranges and opens out only where it faces the Duch koshi Koshi. The village is a central hub of the area and food, sundrie and even mountain climbing equipment may be purchased here, overnight at Lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 5 Rest day at Namche Bazaar (3440 m) for acclimatization: Namche is tucked away between two ridges amidst the giant peaks of the Khumbu and has an abundance of lodges, tea shops and souvenir shops as well as a magnificent outlook. It is an ideal place to spend a rest day for acclimatization to the high altitude before heading off towards Tyangboche. For the acclimatization we walk up to Khhumjung village through Everest view Hotel in Syangbuche and you will see the beautiful view of the Himalayas including Mt.Everest . Khhumjung is densely populated by Sherpa community and there is an old monastery as well so, we will visit that as well, and then Return to Namche, Overnight at Lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 6 Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3867 m.) - 5 Hours: We start our trekking with the ridge and level mountain path that offers an excellent panorama of Thamserku, Kantega, and Kusum Kangrib, after walking few hours on flat Zigzag we descend to the river and arrive at Phunki Tenga. Then we climb through Rhododendron forest to the Tengbuche, Overnight at lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 7 Trek from Tyangboche to Dingboche (4260 m.)- 5 Hours: We start our trekking with descending through Rhododendron forest to the Imja Khola and cross exciting suspension bridge on the Imja Khola and walk passing by a long Mani stone wall to enter the village of Pangboche. Our route continues through summer pastures to Dingboche .Overnight at Lodge.(A, B, L, D).
- Day 8 Rest day at Dingboche (4260 m.) for acclimatization: Today is the remarkable acclimatization day. There are some breathtaking views of the North face of Ama Dablam and the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge as you explore this beautiful valley that leads up to Island Peak. The walk is short with a good chance to relax in the afternoon. You have another option as you can hike up to Chhukum. From where, you can enjoy the panoramic view of Island peak, Ama Dablaml, Makalu, Tawoche peak and others. Overnight at lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 9 Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4930 m.)- 5 Hours: The onward Himalayan journey leads us north for up to 50-minutes until we come to a mani-prayer Stupa then The trail is gentle looking down to Pheriche village below. Today's walk offers views of the Mt.Tawache, Ama Dablam and to the north-Pokalde (5741m) Kongma-tse (5820m) and the great wall of Nuptse. After two hours of walking, the trail from Pheriche joins near Dugla (4595m) before a small wooden bridge over the river of Khumbu glacier. Then continue for an hour up a steep hill to the top, where there are views of Mt. Pumori and other peaks west of Everest. After a short break, continue trekking up to Lobuche, Overnight at Lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 10 Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp via Gorakshep (m.) 6-7 Hours: We start our trekking following the rocky moraine path, view icy glacial pond and icebergs down below of Khumbu glacier. After the last rocky moraine dunes, a short downhill walk brings you to Gorakshep, where we will stop for lunch and we leave all our stuff there at lodge as this is the last place where there are lodge available – then we start our Himalayan journey to the Everest Base camp- WOW !!! Congratulation!!! Your Dream come true now, after visiting sometime in the Base Camp then we return to Gorekshep, Overnight at Lodge.(A, B, L, D).
- Day 11 Trek from Gorakshep to Kala Patthar (5545m.) and trek to Pheriche (4243m.)- 7 Hours: Quite Early morning, we climb to Kala Patthar (5545m.) and enjoy the view of sunrise. From Kala Patthar we can have a panoramic view of Mt. Everest and many other mountain peaks like Mt. Pumori, Mt. Lingtren, Mt. Khumbetse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Thamserku and many more, after seeing the sunrise, we trek down to Gorekshep and have lunch and start trekking down to Pheriche, Overnight at lodge.(A, B, L, D).
- Day 12 Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 6 hours. Now, we are trekking back to Namche, an easier descent passing through rhododendron forest. Tengbuche is a small village with a famous monastery offering you the splendid view of Ama Dablam, green hills and river views where we stopped for lunch then we will retrace to Namche , Overnight at Lodge.(A, B, L, D).
- Day 13 Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2886 m.)- 6 Hours: Today is the last day of your trekking, The trekking is pleasant, except for few short uphill climbs and then down to the Bhote-Koshi River crossing it three times. The last uphill climb of 45 minutes will bring you to Lukla, Overnight at Lodge.(A, B, L, D).
- Day 14 Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu. We will take an early morning flight back to Kathmandu - Overnight at hotel. ( A, B).
- Day 15 Leisure day in Kathmandu. It's also spare day in case of bad weather in Lukla, farewell dinner in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.( A, B). Note: If you are interested on other activities in Nepal, Chitwan Jungle Safari, Rafting, pokhara Tour, you can start now.
- Day 16 Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure. Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure. ( B). Note- A- Accommodation, B- Breakfast, L-Lunch and D- Dinner.