- Sydney: +61-0283870565
- Perth: +61-0452528095
EBC Cho-La Pass Gokyo Valley Trek19 Days
The Everest Base Camp-Chola Pass and Gokyo Valley Trek leads you to the home of the legendary Sherpa people, on the foothill of the highest peak of the world, the Mt. Everest at 8848m. The trek to the most peaceful regions of glacial lakes in Everest, where a ridge top caters the best views of Everest, Cho-Oyu, Lhotse and Khumbu Glacier, Gokyo Lake Trek also come across some of Khumbu’s less frequented Sherpa hamlets. This fascinating trip is best suited to those trekkers who are willing to trek along the trails of legendary Everest Region relatively quieter with less trekkers. This 19 days trek follows the highly appreciated trekking route through the Dudh Koshi to its source the Everest Base Camp, Chola pass then to Gokyo Valley.
The Everest Base Camp, Chola Pass and Gokyo Valley Trek is truly Nepal’s one of the most adventurous trek in the Himalayas as it follows the route via the high pass into Khumbu through the Cho La pass at 5330m. As we cross the Cho-La pass, we then return back to Lukla following the route through Dole, Namche and Lukla.
This ideal Chola Pass Trek gives enough opportunity to enjoy the breathtaking view of Everest including several other similar peaks and to explore the Buddhists monasteries located at the world’s highest elevation. The experience of utter silence trekkers feel at the top of Gokyo Ri 5483m is one of the few best moments trekkers come across during treks in any part of the world. The scenic view of scattered lakes of Gokyo, up close view of Mt. Everest and Khumbu Icefall are also the most excellent views of Gokyo Lake Trek.
We have designed 19day itinerary , look the detail itinerary in the itinerary TAB however if you have limited days or even want to explore some more places in the region then we are always happy to further discussion about the trek and make needful change on it as per your time and interests.
Flight detail to and from Lukla : In some circumstances, we could face problems of internal flights to/from Lukla delayed by few hours or canceled for a day or more because of bad weather. This happens very rarely, but it could happen anyways, even in the best trekking season. You may also know how climate change is affecting our globe. Thus, we always recommend you to add supplement night/s in Kathmandu after your trek if possible (just in case). If everything runs smoothly, you can enjoy other activities like sightseeing, rafting, wildlife activities, or shopping as you wish in the additional days that may come about. However, if you want a heli-rescue in the state of flight cancellation to/from Lukla-we organize it. A helicopter charge can range from USD 3000 to 3500 and it can lift 4 persons per flight.
Departure for the EBC- Chola pass-Gokyo Valley Trek: we offer departure on any day that is suitable for you as this is long and adventure trek that only few adventure trekker can do the trek so, we will arrange the departure even for single , couple or group of friends.
- Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel: Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters) and you will be met by our airport representative and transferred to hotel, Evening free and overnight at hotel in Kathmandu. ( A)
- Day 2 Full day of sightseeing of Kathmandu valley, overnight at Hotel: After having Breakfast we take you for the sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley including Kathmandu Durbar Square, Monkey Temple, Pashupatinath Temple and Baudhanath Stupa. ( A, B).
- Day 3 Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2886m) and Trek to Phakding (2610m) - 3.5 hours: Early morning drive to Airport for the 35 minutes scenic flight to the small mountain airport Lukla, after reaching at lukla our guide will introduce with the porters, then start today’s trekking following mountainside on the left bank of the Dudh Koshi, it is easy trekking and takes about 3 and half hour to reach at Phakding , Overnight at lodge. ( A, B, L, D)
- Day 4 Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 m.) - 6 Hours: We continue our trekking following the Dudh Koshi River and crossing it many times and we enter to the park in Jorsale and we will stop there for lunch and again we continue the trekking, after few hours walking Namche Bazar will appears ahead as you travel along the path surrounded by pines. Pass the plateau where the Saturday bazaar is held and enter the village. Namche Bazar (3440m) is surrounded on three sides by mountain ranges and opens out only where it faces the Duch koshi Koshi. The village is a central hub of the area and food, sundrie and even mountain climbing equipment may be purchased here, overnight at Lodge. ( A, B, L, D)
- Day 5 Rest day at Namche Bazaar (3440 m) for acclimatization: Namche is tucked away between two ridges amidst the giant peaks of the Khumbu and has an abundance of lodges, tea shops and souvenir shops as well as a magnificent outlook. It is an ideal place to spend a rest day for acclimatization to the high altitude before heading off towards Tyangboche. For the acclimatization we walk up to Khhumjung village through Everest view Hotel in Syangbuche and you will see the beautiful view of the Himalayas including Mt.Everest . Khhumjung is densely populated by Sherpa community and there is an old monastery as well so, we will visit that as well, and then Return to Namche, Overnight at Lodge. ( A, B, L, D)Namche is tucked away between two ridges amidst the giant peaks of the Khumbu and has an abundance of lodges, tea shops and souvenir shops as well as a magnificent outlook. It is an ideal place to spend a rest day for acclimatization to the high altitude before heading off towards Tyangboche. For the acclimatization we walk up to Khhumjung village through Everest view Hotel in Syangbuche and you will see the beautiful view of the Himalayas including Mt.Everest . Khhumjung is densely populated by Sherpa community and there is an old monastery as well so, we will visit that as well, and then Return to Namche, Overnight at Lodge. ( A, B, L, D)
- Day 6 Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3867 m.) - 5 Hours: After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trekking for today with the ridge and level mountain path that offers excellent panoramas of Thamserku, Kantega, and Kusum Kangaru, after walking few hours on flat Zigzags; we descend to the river and arrive at Phunki Tenga. Then we climb through Rhododendron forest to the Tengbuche, check into the lodge and your evening is free, overnight at lodge, (A, B, L, and D).
- Day 7 Trek from Tyangboche to Dingboche (4260 m.) - 5 Hours: After having breakfast at the lodge, we start our trekking with descends through Rhododendron forest to the Imja Khola and cross suspension bridge on it and walk passing by a long Mani stone wall to enter the village of Pangboche, Our trekking route continues through summer pastures to Dingboche village, overnight at Lodge, (A, B, L, D).
- Day 8 Rest day at Dingboche (4260 m.) for acclimatization: Today is the remarkable acclimatization day in Dingbuche Village, There are some breathtaking views of the North face of Ama Dablam and the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge as we explore this beautiful valley that leads up to Chukum and Island Peak, overnight at lodge, (A, B, L, D).
- Day 9 Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4930 m.) - 5 Hours: After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trekking for today and the trekking leads us north for up to 50-minutes until we come to a Mani-prayer Stupa then The trail is gentle looking down to Pheriche village below. Today's walk offers views of the Mt. Tawache, Ama Dablam and to the north-Pokalde (5741m) Kongma-tse (5820m) and the trail from Pheriche joins near Dugla (4595m) before a small wooden bridge over the river of Khumbu glacier then continue for an hour up a steep hill to the top, where there are views of Mt. Pumori and other peaks west of Everest, after a short break, continue trekking up to Lobuche, overnight at Lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 10 Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp via Gorakshep (m.) 6-7 Hours: After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trekking following the rocky moraine path, view icy glacial pond and icebergs down below of Khumbu glacier. After the last rocky moraine dunes, a short downhill walk brings you to Gorakshep, where we will stop for lunch and we leave all our stuff there at lodge as this is the last place where lodges are available for overnights – then we start our Himalayan journey to the Everest Base camp for another 2-3 hours and Reach at EVEREST BASE CAMP- WOW!!! Congratulation!!! Your Dream come true now, after visiting sometime in the Base Camp, we will return to Gorekshep and Overnight at Lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 11 Trek from Gorakshep to Kala Patthar (5545m.) and Zongla- 7 Hours: We climb to Kala Patthar (5545m.) peak early in the morning to see the sunrise views over the Himalayas including the Everest then return trek to Gorekshep and have breakfast and start trekking to Zongla, overnight at lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 12 Trek from Zongla – Cho la pass- Thannak- 9 Hours: After having breakfast at lodge early in the morning, we start our trekking as we going to cross the Cho La pass (5370m) today, the high pass over the Chola is not a joke, a steep and somewhat difficult ascent of a rocky ridge a few hours. We start by crossing a small glacial stream, and then start climbing up the pass. From the top, we are treated to views of Ama Dablam, Kantaiega, Thamserku, Taboche, Cholatse and Baruntse, and to Nangpai Gosain, Pasang Lhamo, and Numbur and on the Gokyo side. Once up on top of the glaciated pass, we trek across the snow, with Lobuche, West looming above us, to the summit and hang some Buddhist prayer flags to send prayers out across the Himalayas, it's a scramble back down the pass, a rocky, hilly trail across the valley, and a descent to the yak kharka of Tangnak, overnight at Lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 13 Trek from Thannak to Gokyo- 4 Hours: After having breakfast at lodge, we start our trekking in the morning by crossing the Ngozumpa Glacier on a sandy, shifting trail, the frozen lakes creaking below and beside us as we turn our way to the other side. Once back on the main trail to Gokyo, we have an hour's hike past the second lake to the lodge at Gokyo. In the Gokyo valley, the character of the trekking changes abruptly. The opaque powder-blue lakes are often on the verge of freezing over, and sometimes perform a Himalayan symphony of expanding and retracting ice. We have entered the grassy ablation valley running beside the Ngozumpa Glacier, and have our first sight of Gokyo, a seasonal village and grazing area built beside the third and biggest lake. Gokyo has become something of a Himalayan resort without the crowd – at least in terms of the comfortable lodges with sunrooms, unbeatable views, excellent food and warm stoves. It is a great base to explore from, and we have plenty of time for it, overnight at Lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 14 Trek/climb from Gokyo to Gokyo Ri (5483m) and trek back to Machhermo 6-7 Hours: Early in the morning, we climb to Gokyo Ri and it looms above the village on the northern edge of the lake and we leave camp just after first light, following a steep path up the hillside. As we climb, the summits of Everest, Lhotse and Makalu slowly come into sight and the view from the summit of Gokyo Ri itself is one of the finest to be in the Everest region, some say it is even better than from Kala Patthar, return to Gokyo, we have short trekking to the village of Machhermo, overnight at lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 15 Trek from Machhermo (4150m.) to Namche Bazaar (3440m.)- 5 hours: After having breakfast at lodge, today, the trail gently descends to Dole and then starts descending steeply to Photse Tenga (3650m.) passing through rhododendron forests. Then the path immediately ascends steeply to Mongla Danda (4000m.) and gently descends up to Kyanjoma (3500m.) following small ups and down to Namche Bazaar, Overnight at Lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 16 Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2886 m.)- 6 Hours: After having breakfast at lodge in Namche , we start our trekking and today is the last day of your trekking, the trekking is pleasant, except for few short uphill climbs and then down to the Bhote-Koshi River crossing it few times. The last uphill climb of 45 minutes will bring you to Lukla; the trekking is complete now, overnight at Lodge. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 17 Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu- transfer to hotel: We will take an early morning flight back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel, take hot shower and relax - Overnight at hotel. (A, B).
- Day 18 Leisure day in Kathmandu: It's also spare day in case of bad weather in Lukla if we could not fly on scheduled date and time, or we can organize you a day tour in or around kathmandu, shopping tour etc if you want: or we can remove this extra day from the tour itinerary if you do not want it so, contact us and consult about options available for the day. And we will offer farewell dinner in the evening, overnight at hotel. (A, B)
- Day 19 Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure: You will be transferred to the international airport for your final departure to your loving home. We have taken pleasure in serving you all of these weeks; you counted on us & we didn’t let you down because we know how hard you’ve worked to enjoy this holiday. Meeting you was an immense pleasure & we do hope you will remember us down the years with memories of the time you’ve spent in this amazing country that’s Nepal. A safe BON VOYAGE home…take care!!! ( B)