- Sydney: +61-0283870565
- Perth: +61-0452528095
Manaslu Trek20 Days
The name Manaslu literally means “The spirit-mountain”the local slang refers it to be the compassionate and strong deity that mysteriously dwells within its domain.This is a well-known and much loved trail in Nepal’s Himalayan landscapes, which provides great views of some of the highest mountains in the world, giving this area a heady mix of rich cultural heritage, a genuine outing in the outback, incomparable beauty and biological variety .
It is no doubt that the trekking in the Manaslu Himalaya region is one of those delightful adventure treks in Nepal where along the way you will be rewarded with magnificent views of the Annapurna Massifs and Dhaulagiri peaks that’s literally gratifying to the soul, despite the taxing drills of this trip.
Manaslu Trekking Has Been Considered to be one of the finest adventure trekking in Nepal
Manaslu trekking has been considered to be one of the finest adventure trekking in Nepal for those looking for the unusual experience in sublime territory where one can enjoy breathtaking views of the imposing Himalayas stretching beyond horizons, & as we hike our routes we come across cultural diversities and natural scenery with high altitude dreamy glacier lakes and enthralling floras and faunas, which inherently make up all the features when trekking in this unspoiled less trodden Region.
Our Manaslu trek begins from Arughat, after 7 hours drive from Kathmandu and along the Larkya pass at (5420 m.) after passing the Pass; we continue our trekking to the Annapurna trails for our return to Bhulbhule & then drive back to Kathmandu through a scenic highway.
Cause of its geographical setting, the Manaslu trekking had to be organized in camping style & must be well organized; however, tea house lodges along the trails has built these days which has made possible to trek in Lodge base style as well , we organize small groups departure in lodge based style however the tea house is very simple with basic facilities so, if you want to do the trek in better way or little luxury way then we organize camping trekking in Manaslu as well.
- Airport transfers.
- Guided sight tour in Kathmandu as per the above itinerary.
- 3 night accommodation in Kathmandu including breakfast as per the above itinerary on twin sharing basis.
- Transportation By bus Kathmandu-Arughat and Bhulbhule -Kathamndu and as per the above itinerary.
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking with hot tea/coffee in breakfast.
- All necessary paper works, entrance fees, conservation entry permits & restricted area trekking permit.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks (or in Tented Camp).
- Guide and porter for the trekking (one porter for each 2 trekkers and a porter will carry about 20 KG- 10 KG from each trekker).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide & porters.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag and down jacket and duffel bag – if necessary.
- All the government Tax, VAT and Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passports Size photos- it cost you 40USD for 30 days Nepal tourist visa.
- Your Travel insurance (compulsory).
- Food while you are in Kathmandu.
- The entire bar bills.
- All the Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
- Anything not mentioned in the included section.
Note:- We have not included international flight to and from Nepal, being Australia based travel company, we deal with flight to Nepal and return and flight world wide so, do let us know when you would like to travel Nepal and do the Manaslu Trek then we will arrange your adventure holidays to Nepal with flight.
Departure for the Manaslu Trek: we currently do not have fixed dates for the trek however we arrange the Manaslu trek for any dates that is suitable for you, as the Manaslu Area is restricted area trekking in Nepal, we must have special trekking permit to trek in the region and there should be minimum 2 people for the permit application so, do write us for the arrangement for the trek to Manaslu for any dates.
- Day 1 Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters): transfer to hotel and overnight at hotel.At the very first day of our Manaslu Trek Package, After your arrival at Kathmandu Airport, you will be met by our airport representative and transferred to your hotel, brief about the tour and overnight at hotel. ( A)
- Day 2 Full day sightseeing of Kathmandu valley:>After breakfast, we proceed for our sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley which includes Kathmandu Durbar Square, Monkey Temple, Pashupatinath Temple and Baudhanath Stupa. Please note, all of these monuments are UNESCO declared world heritage sites that represent a wonderful mix of Hinduism & Buddhism that seems to have gotten on well since the ancient periods of this medieval city. Your tour will be accompanied with a professional licensed guide. Overnight at Hotel. ( A, B)
- Day 3 Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar (570m) – 7 Hours:After an early breakfast, we drive along the Kathmandu – Pokhara High way for the first part of our surface journey as to start our Manaslu Trek & then we will drive through many vibrant villages and irrigated terraces to Arughat & this gives you your first experience of Nepal’s rural landscapes and Overnight at tented camps or Guesthouse. ( A, B, L, D).
- Day 4 Trek from Arughat Bazaar to Soti Khola (530m) – 6 Hours:After having breakfast, we trek over a flat leveled path along the bank of Budhi Gandaki River through mostly terraces, numerous villages, green hills and you are almost surrounded by lush green forest with bushy foliage. Today we take lunch at Arket Bazaar which lies mid way to Soti Khola. Overnight in Tented camps or a simple Guesthouse. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 5 Trek from Soti Khola to Machha Khola (890m) – 7 Hours:We start our trek after having breakfast at lodge & the meandering path passes through forest, colorful villages, clean streams, pretty waterfalls and green dales until we reach Lapu Besi today. This is a village mainly inhabited by Mongolian inhabitants. Now, we again we traverse a zigzag path to reach Machha Khola, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 6 Trek from Machha Khola to Jagat (1350m) – 7 Hours:We start our trek after having breakfast & We cross the Machha Khola River and head upstream to the tiny village of Khorla Bensi and the hot springs at Tatopani. The valley sides are steep until they are impassable and the route then switches to the left bank by way of a suspension bridge. The trail is quite exposed and challenging in some places & this is the beauty of the wild. After a short section of forest path we reach a single teahouse at Doban. Above Doban, the Budi Gandaki descends on an impressive series of rapids. Beyond this steep section, the river is much more placid, meandering across a broad gravel bed. At Lauri, we cross the river on a suspension bridge, and then climb on a high path to the fields of Jagat, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse. ( A, B, L, D).
- Day 7 .Trek from Jagat to Philim (1700m) – 3 Hours:Today, our trekking will be pretty short & likeable, the early part of the trek moves gently uphill and then somewhere through a flat leveled path. We cross a suspension bridge over Budhi Gandaki before we enter Philim. Philim is a big village mainly inhabited by the Gurung community. Small serene monasteries, chortens and prayer flags fluttering in the sky, along with graves and typical mountain shanty but sturdy houses will be seen around hereabouts as we begin to get upfront ideas of what it’s like in these remote outposts where the local folks have become grossly hardened to the harsh conditions of the environments that they’ve been living in for centuries, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse (A, B, L, D).
- Day 8 Trek from Philim to Deng (2095m) – 5 Hours:Today, we trek over a flat leveled path mostly through forest of pine, rhododendron and fir. While walking, we cross a few bridges and can see colorful looking brown thatched roof villages at a far distance. A few houses are also seen at Deng. From where, we can enjoy a pretty cascading waterfall lying at some distance. Deng is famous for its potatoes, buck wheat, barley, wheat, cabbage, & spinach as people are mostly involved in agriculture in this area, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse (A, B, L, D).
- Day 9 Trek Deng to Namrung (2900m) – 5 Hours:Today, we begin our trek almost on a flat leveled path and then the trail moves uphill all the way to Namrung through lush forest. From where, we will enjoy the impressive views of Mt. Manaslu, rock hillocks, a green glen and ridges. Namrung is a Buddhist village where there are monasteries, a water turbine hydro electricity power house, Mani walls, Chortens and prayer flags can be seen fluttering in the sky whispering odes of prayers to the gods for the departed souls on the peaks of Manaslu, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse (A, B, L, D).
- Day 10 Trek Namrung to Lhogaon (3100m) – 4 Hours:Today, we trek over a winding path which moves through the inner Himalayan range. On the way, we will enjoy mountain views of Rupinala pass, Mt. Manaslu, Gorkha Himal, Dwijen Himal, Saula Himal, Lajing peak, and many other silver grey mountains and peaks. As we go up the vegetation decreases due to the increase in altitude & the thin air. In the afternoon, this part becomes quite windy & chilly. While walking, we come across Mani walls, Chortens, prayer flags and monasteries. Before we reach Lho Gaon, we pass a Tibetan village and Lihi Gaon. There is a monastery named Chon on a ridge and also a Buddhist school at Lho Gaon run by Buddhist monks, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse (A, B, L, D).
- Day 11 Trek Lhogaon to Sama Gaon (3390m) – 4 Hours:Today, we follow the right bank of the river, with views of Peak 29 ahead. As we continue on the main trail, we soon reach the fields of Sama Gaon, visit the village & Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse (A, B, L, and D).
- Day 12 Rest at Sama Gaon for Acclimatization:Today, we rest at Sama Gaon for acclimatization & give our weary limbs some respite from the intense hiking. This also allows us to rest our lungs so that our respiratory systems would adjust with the changed elevation. Surrounded by mountains in a peaceful forest, we take a breather to acclimatize and relax and be ready for high altitude Manaslu trek. We can hike to Manaslu Base Camp for excellent views of Samdo (Pang phuchuli); Nagdi chuli, Simnang Himal, Manaslu glacier, Manaslu ice fall and we can see Birendra Kunda which is an ice lake nearby the Manaslu Base Camp, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse (A, B, L, D).
- Day 13 Trek from Samagaon to Samdo (3690m) – 4 Hours:After breakfast amidst our lovely surroundings, we trek gently uphill all the way to Samdo through a desert path and windy valley. The Tibetan border is just four kilometers away from Samdo, but visitors are not allowed to pass the border. There is a Tibetan refugee village at Samdo. This is an excellent view point for Mt. Manaslu, Samdo (Pang phuchuli), Nagdi chuli, Simnang Himal, Manaslu glacier, Manaslu ice fall and several other awesome peaks, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse (A, B, L, D).
- Day 14 Trek from Samdo to Larkya La Phedi (4460m) – 3 Hours:Today, the trekking trail is rocky and zigzags all the way to our destination. Before we reach Larkya La Phedi, there is a market called Larkya Bazaar (market) where seasonal fairs are held for the local folks. People bring goods from Tibet to sell it here, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse ( A, B, L, D).
- Day 15 Trek from Larkya La Phedi to Larkya La (Pass) (5135m.) to Bimthang (3590 m) – 8 Hours:Today is a pretty tough call in this part of our trek as we are going to pass the Larkya La today, Early in the morning, we begin to trek a steep ascended path until Larkya La through a rocky and winding trail as to continue our Adventurous Manaslu Trek . We carry a packed lunch because there is any place to have lunch. From the top, we will enjoy the views of Larkya peak, sunrise, Mt. Manaslu, Ratna chuli, Cheo Himal and many other snow capped mountains and peaks. Crossing this pass, we hike to a steep downhill path through rock and ice. On the way, we will encounter many icy lakes that make you feel chilly. Bimthang is a broad and level ablation valley with a number of Mani walls and deserted houses, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse (A, B, L, D).
- Day 16 Trek from Bimthang to Dharapani (1860m) – 7 Hours:Crossing this high pasture, we descend the valley of the Burdin Khola to the area of the Base Camp for the West side of Manaslu. From a ridge at 4150 meters, we have excellent views of Manaslu to the South East and Annapurna II to the South West makes our Malaslu Trek more remarkable. Beyond a bridge over the headwaters of the Dudh Khola, we descend into a rhododendron forest and follow a trail through a narrow valley until we reach the highest cultivated land in this valley at Karche, 2785 meters. Walking down we cross a stream to reach Tilje. There is an apple orchard and it is quite famous for local wine. Leaving Tilje, we trek about another hour to reach Dharapani, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse (A, B, L, D).
- Day 17 Trek from Dharapani to Jagat (1800m)-6 Hours: Today, we trek all the way over a descended path along the bank of Dudh Khola (river) and Marshyangdi River. On the way, we walk through pleasant villages such as Taal which is an attractive village with a pretty waterfall and we can enjoy the sight of lush green hills. Eventually, we come across Jagat which is a stone village situated on a shelf, that juts into the precipitous Marshyangdi valley, Overnight at Tented camp or Guesthouse (A, B, L, D).
- Day 18 Trek from Jagat to Bhulbhule- 6 Hours: We more or less to end part of our trail of our wonderful Manaslu Trek with these massive Mountains, These Mountains have been home to us all of these days. A steep trail descends from Jagat through Marshyangdi valley all the way to Bhulbhule, Overnight in our tented camp or guest Houses, (A, B, L, D).
- Day 19 Drive from Bhulbhule to Kathmandu- 7 Hours: It is a picturesque drive on the way back to Kathmandu along the banks of the Marshyangdi and Trishuli rivers with splendid views of green hills, mountains, farming terraces and colorful villages on both sides of the road Memorizing Our Adventurous Manaslu Trekking. (A, B, L, D).
- Day 20 This is The Last Day Of Our Manaslu Trek Package. Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure home. (B)